What is the second generation Xiaomi Rocorock? More suction power, the new mopping function, an upgraded app and many other things we love this robot vacuum for. Equipped with intelligent mechanisms such as intelligent carpet identification, mapping function, the ability to choose the most efficient path of cleaning etc. Moreover, this device works for 2.5 hours having the 2000 Pa of suction power.
2nd Generation Xiaomi Roborock features:
- Probably the robot gets the largest capacity lithium-ion battery in the industry — 5200 mah
- 2.5 hours working time or cleaning about 250 square meters (2700 sq. ft) of the house area
- Intelligent identification of carpets. It opens the maximum suction force once the robot identifies the carpet and after leaving it Mijia returns to its regular mode
- Designed with 13 sensors including LDS that helps the robot to not bump into the furniture, avoids falling and keeps it at the distance of 10 mm from the wall
- Laser Distance Sensor maps the cleaning area of the multiple rooms
- With the MiJia app you can create virtual walls, navigate the robot to clean the specific area, schedule the cleaning time multiple times in a day and many other cool things
- The ability to overcome obstacles up to 2 cm height
- The new mopping function thanks to which the robot is perfect for any type of surface (except high pile carpets). It can mop for about 45-60 min
- 2000 Pa suction power makes the MiJia Roborock the most powerful robot vacuum in the industry
- A LED indicator that shows the battery level
- The new washable HEPA filter. It is better than previous Heppa version for people who suffer from asthma or allergies
- The 2nd Generation Xiaomi comes with closed silence soft cotton and porous air sieve and provides low noise cleaning process
- Forget about hair everywhere you see because the new Xiaomi robot vacuum prevents the hair tangling because of the three anti-hair designs on the wheel, side brush and rolling brush
- Once the battery power is low the MiJia returns to the base, recharge and then get on to finish the work
- Robot Vacuum
- Charging Dock
- Charge Cable
- Mopping Pad
- Water Tank
- Brush Cleaning Tool
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 – Sweeps & Mops
The built-in plant bionic tank filter absorbs the water keeping enough water content on the mop cloth. When the robot stops working the water stops dripping too. The water tank was designed to easily installing it into the bottom of the device.
The main brush with V-type bristles (the rotation speed is 1350 revolutions per minute) in addition to the side Z-form brushes (330 revolutions per minute rotation speed) provides the maximum effective cleaning. The water box holds around 100 ml that is enough to mop for 45-60 minutes. The intelligent system works by the main principle of plant bionic system and controls the water by itself. The sliding mechanism designed in such a way that water is spread wisely, only when the robot is moving.
To empty a 500 ml dustbin just open the lid of the robot vacuum cleaner.
The most powerful vacuum robot with a long-lasting battery
The new Xiaomi Roborock comes with a 5200 mAh Li-Ion battery, the barrier height is increased from 1.5 cm to 2 cm, the suction power is 2000 Pa which is speechless because even Roomba 980 that is designed for carpets delivers 1670 Pa. A LED battery indicator displays the charge level via different colors while the robot is charging. The white light means the battery charge level is more than 50%, yellow – less than 50%, red – the battery charge level drops below 20%.
- Powerful motor with 2000 Pa power suction. For example, the first version Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum has 1800 Pa and the latest Roomba 980 delivers 1670 Pa. It deeply cleans carpets, perfect for mostly carpeting surface houses.
- While other robot vacuum cleaners that are even more expensive offers about 120-130 minutes of running, the Xiaomi MiJia works the whole 150 minutes covering about 250 square meters (2700 sq. ft) of the house area and provides 2000Pa of suction power. Speaking of the power, it is speechless that the battery lasts for that long has a powerful motor that cleans carpets with ease.
- Xiaomi MiJia Robotock easily climbs up to 2 cm height obstacles.
- The tornado system coordinates the side and roller brushes providing deep floor cleaning.
Intelligent Identification of carpets
The smart device usually works in normal suction mode but the maximum suction mode activates once it recognizes the carpet to provide the high-quality deep cleaning.
Three tangle-free design
While tangling hair could be annoying while cleaning the main brush of other robovacs, Roborock’s main and side brushes are tangle-free along with its wheels. The design helps to protect the device from overheating and entering the bearing stuck to the motor.
Smart Navigation Technology
Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)
Along with the LDS that scans the room at 5×360 degrees per second, Roborock use SLAM algorithm. The Laser Distance Sensor map out the interior helping the robot better navigate around while the Simultaneous Localization and Mapping calculates the most efficient way of cleaning without getting lost and provides more efficient cleaning.
Sensors that help navigate the Xiaomi Roborock
Xiaomi Roborock is equipped with 13 sensors including LDS that helps the robot to navigate around and provides better cleaning performance.
- The 4 cliff sensors help the robot to avoid the failure.
- A wall sensor keeps the device from bumping at a distance of 10 mm.
- Roborock was designed with 3mm slight collision an extra soft crash bumper to protect your furniture.
- A technology called the “omnidirectional pressure sensor” can now avoid areas where the robot bumps with its “head”.
- The drop sensor activates when the robot is lifted so it stops working immediately.
- Double Electronic Sensor identifies virtual walls.
- With infrared technology, the charging back sensor makes the recharge more efficient.
Washable HEPA filter
The E11 washable grade filter designed with Teflon cover provides a 95% of effective cleaning. Wash it with water, let it dry and the robot is ready to go but do it only once in a week. Xiaomi doesn’t include extra filters, so you have to change it once a year.
Low Noise Operation Even With The Powerful Motor
Even tough Roborock has a powerful motor it works with a low noise level because of its new cotton and porous air sleeve construction. The robot will not disturb you while working.
Operate Roborok With The Upgraded MiJia App
The new MiJia app deserves to talk about a little bit more since it is really great compared to everything you’ve seen.
Three processors located inside the robot track its movements in real-time. The new Mijia application synch with the Roborock so you are able to see the map of the house and can easily navigate the vacuum by drawing the special area of the map on your phone (as it showed on the picture down below). This feature is incredible because the robot can clean a specific area of your home without actually using a virtual wall or just blocking it. You can also navigate the robot by tapping on your screen and it will go towards the target.
The Mijia app allows you to monitor the cleaning process, schedule the cleaning time whenever you want even multiple times in a day, create virtual walls, upgrade it to the new version and choose the name of your new friend. Track the whole process and manage your robot even when you are away from home.
|Xiaomi MiJia Roborock Dimension|
|Width||13.77 in / 35 cm|
|Length||13.9 in / 35.3 cm|
|Height||3.79 in / 9.65 cm|
|Weight||7.7 lbs / 3.5 kg|
Recharge & Resume Feature
The improved charging base has a protection from over-current, overvoltage, and short circuit. When the robot’s battery runs out it will find the docking station using 2 laser sensors.
Actually, it is good to have the recharge and resume feature. If you have bigger household than average Xiaomi Roborock will automatically clean on its own after recharging in case if it didn’t cover the whole area on a single charge. But in most cases, 2.5 hours of working is enough to clean the whole home so probably Roborock would make its job without returning after the battery is full.
Who 2nd Gen Xiaomi Roborock Was Designed For?
Xiaomi Roborock comes with a lot of features that will make your life much easier especially when it comes to cleaning your floor.
- The robot is a perfect alternative that an upright cleaner for people who have pets because its tangle-free design makes it easier to collect long human hair along with pet hair not getting tangled around the main brush.
- Also, it is perfect for all the bare floor types including tile, laminate and hardwood floor, because of its mopping feature. Now you don’t need to worry about wet cleaning. Just install the water container and click start using your smartphone or manually press the “Home” button.
- Roborock’s powerful motor carries to deep clean the houses with mostly carpeting surfaces.
- For those who have a bigger house than average, this device would be good because of its long working time and recharge&resume feature. While other robots randomly navigate around for about 100-120 minutes and get recharge when the battery runs low, Roborock cleans for the whole 150 minutes and resume after recharging from the place it stopped.
- Because it is an app-based robovac you can manage it from your phone. For example, if you need to clean the floor because of the visitors coming in the evening but you are not home, just press “start” on your screen and by the time you are home, Roborock already finished its job.
- HEPA filtration that is inside is good for people with the chances of potential pulmonary side-effects like asthma and allergies.
|RoboRock Xiaowa C10||RoboRock Xiaowa E20||RoboRock Xiaowa E35||Mijia Vacuum Cleaner||Xiaomi MiJia Roborock s50|
|Максимальная площадь очистки на одном заряде батареи||80 метров квадратных||150 метров квадратных||300 метров квадратных||250 метров квадратных||300 метров квадратных|
|Функция влажной уборки||Нет||Да||Да||Нет||Да|
|Способ навигации||Адаптивный сенсор обнаружения препятствий||Лазерный LED-датчик||Лазерный LED-датчик||Лазерный дальномер (LDS)||Лазерный дальномер (LDS)|
|Пылесос автоматически возвращается к док-станции при низком заряде батареи||Да||Да||Да||Да||Да|
|Максимальная высота неровности, которую может преодолеть пылесос||2 см||2 см||2 см||1.5 см||2 см|
|Мощность всасывания||1600 Па||1800 Па||2000 Па||1800 Па||2000 Па|
|Емкость пылесборника||0.64 л||0.64 л||0.64 л||0.42 л||0.48 л|
|Время работы на одном заряде батареи||60 мин||90 мин||150 мин||150 мин||150 мин|
|Емкость аккумулятора||2600 мАч||2600 мАч||5200 мАч||5200 мАч||5200 мАч|
|Функция составления карт помещений||Нет||Да, пиксель-карта||Да, пиксель-карта||Да, высокоточная карта||Да, высокоточная карта|
|Возможность задавать время уборки||Да||Да||Да||Да||Да|
|Возможность интеграции в систему “Умного Дома”||Да||Да||Да||Да||Да|
|Автоматический турборежим при чистке ковра||Да||Да||Да||Нет||Да|
|Поддержка алгоритма ориентирования на местности SLAM||Нет||Нет||Нет||Да||Да|
|Влагостойкие панели (элементы конструкции)||Нет||Да||Да||Нет||Да|
|Возможность зональной уборки, при которой пользователь сам выбирает, какую часть комнаты или квартиры нужно убрать||Нет||Нет||Нет||Нет||Да|
|Функция Finger Sweep – пользователь касается пальцем места на составленой карте комнаты и пылесос устремляется туда для уборки||Нет||Нет||Нет||Нет||Да|
|Синхронизация со смартфоном||Да||Да||Да||Да||Да|
|Составление маршрутов уборки, согласно составленным картам||Нет||Да||Да||Да||Да|
|Вес||3 кг||3 кг||3 кг||3.8 кг||3.5 кг|
|Габаритные размеры||353x350x91 мм||353x350x91 мм||353x350x91 мм||345х345х96 мм||353x350x96 мм|