VEX Robotics by HEXBUG encourages STEM learning through hands-on play as you construct your very own jumbo-sized robot and customize its programming! The Scarab kit includes over 250 snap together pieces and a centralized brain to bring it to life. Drive the robot manually with a remote control, or choose autonomous drive mode and watch the Scarab scurry around all by itself, mimicking real-life movement. This kit is cross-compatible with other VEX Robotics kits.
VEX Robotics Scarab is compliant with CPSIA standards. Ages 8+
The Scarab includes 6 legs, 2 IR distance sensors and interlocking gears. It crawls low to the ground and avoids obstacles in its path using its distance sensors. You can control its range of motion by altering the leg’s gear system. There are 64 different programming variations to choose from. To program, simply flip a series of switches on the robot’s brain, allowing for quick experimentation with different modes to determine how it reacts when the sensors are activated.
- The VEX Robotics Scarab kit teaches kids that…
- Motors receive signals from the brain, spinning into action kicking the legs into gear.
- Distance sensors reflect infrared light to alert the scarab before it crashes into its surroundings.
- Interlocking gears animate the scarab by transferring energy from the motor through the endoskeleton and out to the legs to generate movement.
- The brain is the centralized computer that powers the scarab, relaying signals from the remote control, and activating the motors and sensors to bring the creature to life!